Did you enjoy the short work week? Get ready for the weekend with at this past week’s top stories as indicated by our Fans and Followers. This week we took a look at the state of Twitter after 5 years (how time flies) and the future of social advertising.
Image via Hidehiko Sakashita of Getty Images
Twitter at Age Five
- A Look at the Early Days of Twitter: Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams give an interview and product demo at the original Twitter offices in San Francisco.
- How Today’s Hottest Startups Got Their Names: Ever wonder how Twitter got its catchy name? Mashable highlights the naming dilemmas faced by nine of today’s hottest startups.
- Twitter Has 100M Monthly Active Users, and 40% of Active Users Don’t Tweet: Don’t think that this is necessarily a doomsday statistic. Plenty of people have adopted Twitter to watch the interesting conversations.
- The Great Twitter Unfollow Experiment of 2011: Chris Brogan finds out just how much the emotional significance of the “Follow” has evolved when he one week decided to unfollow his more than 131000 followers.
The Future of Social Advertising
- What’s the ROI? A Framework for Social Analytics: Brian Solis provides an excellent breakdown of how to evaluate ROI in the face of social advertising.
- Costolo: Advertising is Key, Promoted Tweets in Stream Coming Everywhere, Including Third-Parties: According to Twitter, the future of social advertising lies in accessing user’s streams.
- Nearly 90% of Twitter Users Follow Brands & Just 10.9% of Users Find Promoted Tweets Annnoying: Search Engine Land dispels popular belief with a study that suggests that promoted tweets aren’t as intrusive as we might intially think.
- The 20 Most Expensive AdWords on Google: As social advertising evolves, it’d be interesting to compare this current list to one five years down the road.
As always suggest any topics you’d like to see in the future in the comments section.