Happy Friday! Get ready for the weekend with a look at this past week’s top stories as voted by our Fans and Followers. Topics included tips for social media content and a look at the future of social media.
Image via Paul Mansfield Photography of Getty Images
Content is Still King
- 9 Reasons Why Your Content is Not Shared on Social Networks: Social Media Examiner unveils new research and key takeaways to make your content stand out to your community.
- How Cosmetics Giant Estee Lauder Leverages Social Media on a Global Scale: Mashable goes one-on-one with this global company to uncover content strategies that increase engagement.
- When Less is More: Tips for (Not) Getting Unfollowed: In light of Barack Obama’s recent one day 35,000 follower decrease, Tia Fisher breaks down quality efforts to take to ensure you keep your audience engaged.
- How to Hire the Ultimate Community Manager: The ability to curate effective online content still remains a key trait for effective community managers.
The Future of Social Media
- Young Women are Power Users of Social Media Sites: CNN reports that 89 percent of online women from ages 18-29 are on social media sites.
- The Growth of Social Media: In light of the recent study that shows half of US adults are on social networking sites, The Huffington Post teams up Search Engine Journal to deliver a powerful infographic that tracks the growth of this space.
- Twitter Users are More Likely to Impact Your Brand than Any Other Social Network: The Next Web breaks news that suggests that Twitter users are far more likely to engage online than members of other social networks.
- Google+ Brand Accounts – What Every Social Media Manager Wants to See: Amidst rumors and anticipation of Google+’s release of business profiles, social media managers are already voicing what they’d like to have.
As always feel free to leave suggestions of topics you’d like to see in the comments section.