This past week proved a pleasant surprise for us at Crowdbooster. Our newest recommendation, influential follower notifications, landed us coverage on Klout’s blog and Mashable. While we sometimes selfishly think this is the only news that matters in social media, there was plenty of other buzz in the social media world. In case you missed it, here are the top stories (based on retweets and replies) chosen by our followers.
Image via Travelpix Ltd
Social Media in the Spotlight
- Retweet & Sexting Are Now Words in Oxford English Dictionary: It seems “retweet” has finally made it mainstream enough to merit recognition in our official language.
- President Obama Joins Foursquare: He won’t be checking into the White House anytime soon but make sure to follow his tips about the White House and his tour around the country.
- The Celebrities Who Love Tech: JT, AplusK, and MC Hammer made Forbes’ List. Who is your favorite?
- 5 Things Lady Gaga Can Teach Marketers About Community Building: Fast Company shares some of Lady Gaga’s social media secrets.
Community Engagement Tips
- A Framework for Social Analytics: Susan Etlinger from Altimeter Group presents the most current and authoratative report on the industy.
- 14 Best Practices for Brands to Grow their Audiences in Social Media: Designing an effective channel strategy and creating a life support system are two tips that make Brian Solis‘s fantastic list.
- LinkedIn Audiences Highly Engaged, Active in Groups: A study by MarketingProfs suggests you should consider adopting a LinkedIn strategy to engage your community.
- 7 Ways to Develop Customer Tribes for Your Business: Social Media Examiner explains why developing customer tribes can benefit your brand.
As always, feel free to suggest any topics to us the comment section.