Happy Friday! Get ready for the weekend wtih the best links of this first week in August. Check out the links that generated the most buzz (by way of replies, retweets, and impressions) with our Fans and Followers.
Image via Thomas Northcut of Getty Images
Cultivating an Engaged Community
- 10 Tips for New Community Managers: Janet Aronica from oneforty dishes out excellent advice for those handed the complex task of fostering an engaged audience around brands.
- Lists Are Dead. Long Live the Blog Tree: Before you set out on your job as community manager, make sure to consult some of the experts around the web. Eloqua and JESS3 team up to deliver a fantastic infographic of the blogosphere.
- 5 Lessons from Southwest Airlines’ Social Media Strategy: Social Media Explorer reveals the airline’s success in catering to their online followers.
- 26 Ways to Engage with Customers Using Video: Social Media Examiner goes above and beyond with a seemingly endless amount of tips on leveraging video in your social media strategy.
Adopting Social Media for Your Business
- Now You Can Easily Create a Foursquare Business Page: In a move that could benefit small and large businesses alike, Foursquare unveils Pages for buinesses. Follow your favorite restaurant or brand today!
- The State of B2B Social Media Marketing: Mashable‘s infographic highlights the present condition and future growth of social media for B2B companies.
- Five Ways Google+ Can Become Mainstream: Jeremiah Owyang suggests that the sooner Google+ launches its brand pages, the better. Read to find out his other advice for the newest social network.
- Why Companies Are Afraid of Social Media: Erik Deckers explores this irrational fear and offers plenty of evidence as to why brands should instead embrace social media now.
As always leave any and all suggestions for content you’d like to see us post on Facebook and Twitter in the comment section.